Foundation for Rabbit Free Australia Inc. (RFA)
Rabbit Free Australia is a publicly subscribed fund to support research, raise awareness and encourage on-ground action to eradicate feral rabbits from Australia.
The European wild rabbit is Australia’s worst vertebrate pest, being widespread and destructive to natural environments and primary production.
Rabbits adversely affect over 300 threatened native species, change landscapes, and cause losses of over $200 million a year to agricultural production.
- Overabundant herbivores. How they affect plant communities.
- Rabbit Bio-Control. A massive boost to the environment.
- Rabbits – Ecosystem engineers
- Environmental recovery, on a rabbit-free foundation
- Weeds & Rabbits
- Rabbit-Free Membership
- Wildlife recovery rides on pest control
- 1, 2, 3 for rabbit control
To promote the eradication of wild rabbits from Australia by:
- Supporting research and researchers,
- Raising awareness and understanding, and
- Encouraging on-ground control measures.
Australian landscapes that are free of their most notorious pest – the European wild rabbit.
Productive landscapes which support abundant native wildlife are feasible in Australia. Places like rabbit-free Kangaroo Island, and Macquarie Island once rabbits were eradicated, are examples.
Rabbit Free Australia is committed to rebuilding Australian landscapes. The eradication of feral rabbits is a crucial step to that end.
Easter Bilby Mascot
The Easter Bilby champions the cause of Rabbit Free Australia – fighting back against rabbits and reclaiming a place in the Australian environment.
Easter Bilby promotes the rabbit control cause following a theme of ‘bilbies not bunnies’.